Interested in becoming a FEMA member?
Companies that join FEMA gain access to the expertise and resources they need to address issues that are important to their business and the flavor industry. FEMA provides education and guidance on issues important to the flavor industry. Becoming a member also offers unique opportunities to network with leaders and professionals from every corner of the flavor industry.
Recent FEMA Benefits
- Scientific fact sheets and supporting materials
- Reach experts who can provide support and answer your questions on international, federal, and state regulatory requirements and scientific issues related to flavors. It’s where to go when time and accuracy are of the essence.
- Get frequent, proactive and timely information on existing and proposed regulations and requirements for flavors around the world.
- Attend workshops and seminars on current scientific and regulatory issues.
- Submit new flavor ingredients for review by the FEMA Expert Panel for FEMA GRAS status.
- Learn about the latest regulatory and legislative matters that affect the safe manufacture and use of flavor with FEMA’s comprehensive library of publications, guidance, advice, fact sheets, decision trees and more. Resources support members on important topics such as flavor labeling, food safety, TTB issues, workplace safety, taxes and tariffs, and many other areas that affect the flavor industry.
- Access free archived webinars for all employees at member companies to learn about topics impacting the industry.
- Attend FEMA’s Annual Leadership Conference, Spring Committee Meetings and Fall Symposium for committee meetings, updates on hot topics from FEMA staff, and discussions of important issues impacting the flavor industry.
- Save time searching for information with access to the largest computerized database of scientific, regulatory, and technical information on all flavorings.
- Stay up-to-date on global advocacy efforts through FEMA's membership in the International Organization of the Flavor Industry.
- Network with flavor experts from raw material suppliers, flavor houses, consumer goods companies, and technology and other specialized service providers through committee participation and event attendance.
- Apply to join FEMA’s Future Leaders Initiative (FEMA FLI), an exciting program for young flavor industry professionals to benefit from exposure to association and industry leaders, connect and collaborate with peers through professional development and networking events, and gain industry-specific knowledge through exclusive supplemental learning opportunities.
- Play an important role in shaping industry responses and setting safety standards through FEMA’s committees:
- Advocacy & Awareness
- Consumer Product Companies
- Membership Services
- Regulatory Affairs
- Science Affairs
- Supply Chain Sustainability