The Flavor & Extract Manufacturers Association of the United States recognizes the invaluable role education and science have in preparing the next generation to support and advance flavor and food safety. FEMA envisioned a program that would introduce chemistry students to the flavor industry and its unique career possibilities, as well as acknowledge academic excellence and dedication to science. Recognizing that future success is often a combination of talent and access to opportunity, the FEMA College Scholarship Program was created in 2018. The award acknowledges the potential of enterprising chemistry students and their dedication to sound science.
- Dwanit Dave, City University of New York (graduate student)
- Kara Ng, City College of New York (graduate student)
- Cesar Rene Pabon Bernal, Hunter College (undergraduate student)
- Malick Samateh, College of New York and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York (graduate student)
- Polina Tsupko, City College of New York (undergraduate student)